Davies, Barrell, Will, Lewellyn & Edwards, PLC Attorney Profiles
Elizabeth G. Thorne - Partner
E-mail • email@example.com Biography • Member of Phi Beta Kappa • Clerked for Honorable John J. McGrath, Jr. and James V. Lane, Circuit Court of Rockingham County
Elizabeth focuses her practice on family law, civil litigation, and collections. Prior to joining the firm in 2006, Elizabeth clerked for the judges of the Rockingham County Circuit Court in Virginia and for Justice Koontz (Ret.) of the Supreme Court of Virginia. During this time she gained an inside view of how the courts operate.
Elizabeth enjoys being an advocate for her clients’ interests and finding solutions that meet their individual needs. Sometimes, this is best accomplished through negotiation and settlement. At other times, litigation is necessary to best achieve her clients’ goals. Either way, Elizabeth works hard to reach the best possible outcome.
• University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1974)
• Virginia Tech (Dual B.A.s 2002, Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude)
• Virginia State Bar – Family Law Section (admitted 2005)
• U. S. District Court, Western District of Virginia (admitted 2008)
• Virginia Bar Association
• Culpeper Bar Association (President 2009 – 2010)
• Services to Abused Families, Inc. (“SAFE”), Board of Directors (2008 – present)
• Culpeper Business Women (2006 – present)
• First United Methodist Church of Charlottesville, Board of Trustees (2009 – present)