Culpeper Attorney Charles D. Barrell
Client-Focused & Knowledgeable Lawyer
Charlie Barrell founded the law firm along with John "Butch" Davies in 1974. Although his experience includes legal work in business, zoning, and complex real estate matters, his focus now is firm management. From this position of leadership Charlie provides the guidance, oversight, and future orientation needed by the Firm in these days of rapid change. He also consults with the other attorneys in the Firm on their cases, bringing a unique perspective as a founding member.
Culpeper lawyer Charlie has a unique background that blends engineering, business, and the law that supports both the attorneys and staff in decision making and problem solving. While in private practice, Charlie was also County Attorney for the County of Culpeper from 1976 through 1985. In addition to now managing the Firm, Charlie runs a successful business with his wife that owns and manages hotel properties in Richmond, Charlottesville, and Manassas.
Charlie was born and raised in Virginia, attending high school in Culpeper and both college and law school in Charlottesville. He is active with the Culpeper Recreation Foundation and is an avid cyclist both locally and throughout Virginia.
Contact us today at (540) 449-0101 to learn more about how we can help!
- Virginia State Bar, 1974
- Davies, Barrell, Will, Lewellyn & Edwards, PLC from 1974 (Managing Partner) Education
- University of Virginia (B.S., 1970; J.D., 1974)
- Attorney, County of Culpeper, Virginia 1976-1985
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1974)
- University of Virginia School of Engineering (B.S. Aerospace Engineering, 1970)
- Virginia State Bar (admitted 1974)
- Culpeper Bar Association
- Board Member, Culpeper Recreation Foundation (Chairman 2002 - present)
- Board Member, UVA Culpeper Hospital
- Culpeper Wellness Foundation
Schedule an initial consultation with an attorney today!