Charles D. Barrell (RETIRED)
Charlie Barrell co-founded the law firm along with John "Butch" Davies in 1974. Although retired from the legal profession, he remains active with the management of the firm. From this position of leadership Charlie provides the guidance, oversight, and future orientation needed by the Firm in these days of rapid change.
Charlie was also County Attorney for the County of Culpeper from 1976 through 1985. In addition to now managing the Firm, Charlie runs a successful business with his wife that owns and manages hotel properties in Richmond, Charlottesville, and Manassas.
Charlie was born and raised in Virginia, attending high school in Culpeper and both college and law school in Charlottesville. He is active with the Board of the UVA Culpeper Hospital and is an avid cyclist both locally and throughout Virginia.
Contact us today at (540) 449-0101 to learn more about how we can help!
- Virginia State Bar, 1974
- Davies, Barrell, Will, Lewellyn & Edwards, PLC from 1974-2017
- University of Virginia (B.S., 1970; J.D., 1974)
- Attorney, County of Culpeper, Virginia 1976-1985
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1974)
- University of Virginia School of Engineering (B.S. Aerospace Engineering, 1970)
- Board Chair, UVA Culpeper Hospital
- Culpeper Wellness Foundation
Schedule an initial consultation with an attorney today!