Elizabeth G. Thorne – Partner
Attorney Serving Culpeper, VA and Surrounding Counties
Culpeper lawyer Elizabeth Thorne focuses her practice on family law, civil litigation, and collections. Prior to joining the firm in 2006, Elizabeth clerked for the judges of the Rockingham County Circuit Court in Virginia and for Justice Koontz (Ret.) of the Supreme Court of Virginia. During this time, she gained an inside view of how the courts operate.
Elizabeth enjoys being an advocate for her clients’ interests and finding solutions that meet their individual needs. Sometimes, this is best accomplished through negotiation and settlement. At other times, litigation is necessary to best achieve her clients’ goals. Either way, Elizabeth works hard to reach the best possible outcome.
“I appreciate that you listened with a kind heart, passed no judgments, and provided solid answers to my legal questions.” – J.W.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Virginia Tech (Dual B.A.s 2002, Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude)
Membership & Community Organizations
(with which I have been involved)
- Virginia State Bar – Family Law Section
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association – Family Law Section
- Culpeper Bar Association (Former President)
- Services to Abused Families, Inc. (“SAFE”) (Former Board Chair)
- Culpeper Business Women (Former President)
- First United Methodist Church of Charlottesville, Board of Trustees (Former Board Chair)
- Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services – Current Protective Money Management Program Volunteer
Call (540) 825-6000 to get in contact with Culpeper lawyer Elizabeth Thorne.