Elizabeth G. Thorne - Partner
Attorney Serving Culpeper, VA
Culpeper lawyer Elizabeth focuses her practice on family law, civil litigation, and collections. Prior to joining the firm in 2006, Elizabeth clerked for the judges of the Rockingham County Circuit Court in Virginia and for Justice Koontz (Ret.) of the Supreme Court of Virginia. During this time she gained an inside view of how the courts operate. Elizabeth enjoys being an advocate for her clients' interests and finding solutions that meet their individual needs. Sometimes, this is best accomplished through negotiation and settlement. At other times, litigation is necessary to best achieve her clients' goals. Either way, Elizabeth works hard to reach the best possible outcome.
“I appreciate that you listened with a kind heart, passed no judgments, and provided solid answers to my legal questions.” - J.W.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Virginia Tech (Dual B.A.s 2002, Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude)
Membership & Community Involvement
- Virginia State Bar - Family Law Section (admitted 2005)
- U. S. District Court, Western District of Virginia (admitted 2008)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association - Family Law Section
- Culpeper Bar Association (President 2009)
- Services to Abused Families, Inc. ("SAFE") (2008 - 2014, Board Chair 2013 - 2014)
- Culpeper Business Women (2006 - 2017, President 2009-2010)
- First United Methodist Church of Charlottesville, Board of Trustees (2009 - 2014; Board Chair 2013 - 2014)
- Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services - Protective Money Management Program Volunteer (2017-present)
Call (540) 449-0101 to get in contact with Culpeper lawyer Elizabeth Thorne.