Stephen K. Lewellyn
Attorney Serving Culpeper & Beyond
Culpeper attorney Stephen K. Lewellyn handles the full range of business needs of his clients, whether it is a start-up company with a single individual or a multi-national corporation, including everything from complex litigation to simple collections. Steve came to the firm directly from the University of Richmond Law School and has dedicated more than 30 years to his clients and the Culpeper community.
Known for his ability to litigate the most complex matters, Steve has handled a broad range of cases for his clients. His focus for many years has been on business and commercial law and personal injury claims, including severe injury cases, wrongful death and medical malpractice. Over more than three decades of legal service, Steve has recovered millions of dollars for his clients, including multi-million dollar recoveries for some clients.
Steve’s success as a leading litigator and first-rate attorney is highlighted by being awarded Martindale-Hubbel‘s highest ranking of “Preeminent” (A-V) in legal ability and ethics. Steve’s guiding philosophy to practicing law is to treat his clients the way he would want to be treated if he were the client.
Among many other victories in court, Culpeper attorney Stephen K. Lewellyn is responsible for winning a $1.8 million jury award in a wrongful pregnancy case.
- Virginia State Bar in 1984
- U.S. District Court, Western & Eastern District of Virginia
- U. S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Virginia
- Davies, Barrell, Will, Lewellyn & Edwards, PLC from 1987
- Virginia Commonwealth University (B.S., 1980)
- T. C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond (J.D., 1984)
- Virginia State Bar - Litigation Section
- American Bar Association - Litigation Section and Torts Section
- Virginia State Bar (Circuit Representative, 16th Judicial Circuit, 1987; Chair, 1997- present, 16th Judicial Circuit Fee Dispute Resolution Committee)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Governors, 1998 - 2012)
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Culpeper Bar Association (President, 1994)
- Piedmont Bar Association (President, 1993)
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Business Law
- Corporate Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Eminent Domain