What to Do After An Accident
Advice from Culpeper Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have just been involved in an accident of any type, it can be an extremely stressful whirlwind. At Davies, Barrell, Will, Lewellyn & Edwards, PLC, our Culpeper personal injury lawyers represent clients who have been injured in a wide range of accidents.
The following are recommended steps after you have been involved in an accident:
- Contact law enforcement: If you have just been in an accident and an ambulance or law enforcement
has not shown up yet, you should contact them immediately.
- Request medical care: Although a police officer should request an ambulance or medical dispatcher
for you right away, you should ensure that medical attention is on the way.
- Gather evidence: Depending on the severity of your injuries, if you are able to take pictures
of the scene or your injuries, this is highly valuable and may be used
for your case later on.
- Gather witness information: If you are conscious and able to speak with witnesses, request their
contact information so that you can use this information if necessary
in the future.
- Request transport to the ER: Whether or not you think that your injuries are severe enough to call for
the emergency room, you should request to be seen in the ER.
- Get a physical exam and evaluation: It is important that you have a full examination and evaluation to assess
Contact Our Trusted Injury Firm Now
Regardless of the exact circumstances of the incident and whether you were able to follow all of the recommended steps, it is still important to seek the help of a Culpeper personal injury attorney. When you choose to hire a lawyer from our firm, we can provide you with the quality representation you need. We truly care about the outcome of our clients’ cases and are not afraid to fight aggressively or work hard to achieve positive case results.
Take the next step when you contact our firm at (540) 449-0101 to set up a free initial consultation.