Reliable Culpeper Trucking Accident Lawyers
Personal Injury Firm with 45+ Years of Experience
Have you or a loved one recently been involved in a truck accident? You need a competent personal injury lawyer to represent you! Trucking accidents have the potential to cause some of the most serious and catastrophic injuries in both drivers and passengers.
The size and weight of a truck (especially one with cargo) can impact a person who has been hit in a number of ways, including as severely as wrongful death. Filing a personal injury claim with the help of a Culpeper trucking accident attorney can help you and your family to recover compensation and ensure that the responsible driver (or company) is brought to justice.
We aim to help you recover damages that can cover the following costs:
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
What Are Some Common Causes of Trucking Accidents?
Trucking accidents can be caused by any number of factors, but some of the most common include:
- Drivers who are fatigued or have not gotten sufficient rest
- Drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver distraction
- Speeding/unsafe passing practices
- Failure to properly train truck drivers
- Failure to maintain proper truck performance or maintenance
Regardless what factors contributed to your accident, we’re here to help you piece together your case. It is extremely likely that some form of negligence contributed to your accident, and we’re ready to help you fight for justice.
What Happens in a Truck Accident Lawsuit?
In general a truck accident lawsuit will include the following phases:
- Meet with our accident attorneys -We will discuss your case and determine if you have a claim.
- Investigation – We will begin to accumulate evidence from the accident to support your claim.
- Filing proper documents – Our attorneys will file the necessary documents to begin a complaint against the responsible party.
- Case discovery – During this phase our attorneys will request information and interview witnesses and/or the other party; we will also begin to build your case.
- Mediation – We will attempt to resolve your claim with the responsible party prior to going to trial.
- Going to trial – If the other party refuses to settle we will take your case to court and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Want to know more about the process? Schedule a meeting with our truck accident lawyers today!
Latest Truck Accident Statistics
In 2017 the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported
the following regarding trucking accidents nationwide:
- There were over 148,000 injuries caused by trucking accidents in 2017
- This breaks down to 406 injuries per day
- In 2017 there were over 4,700 fatal injuries caused by trucking accidents nationwide
- This translates into 16 fatal injuries per day in 2017
The NHTSA reported the following statistics for trucking accidents in Virginia in 2018:
- In Virginia in 2018, 3% of motor vehicle accident fatalities involved occupants of large trucks
- 107 fatalities in Virginia in 2018 involved an accident with at least one large truck
- 3 fatalities in crashes involving a large truck occurred in Culpeper County alone in 2018
Truck accidents occur every day in Virginia and more often than not they take innocent lives or lead to life-altering injuries. Someone else’s lapse of judgment or failure to exercise care should not go unpunished in these circumstances. Contact our firm today to discuss your case and find out how we can help you.
Working Towards a Positive Outcome
We understand the stress and emotional and physical pain and suffering involved after an accident. It is important that you act quickly to retain the services of a personal injury lawyer from our firm. At Davies, Barrell, Will, Lewellyn & Edwards, PLC, we are here to help you with every step of the claim. We work on a contingency fee basis, so that you will only have to pay us a fee if we recover compensation on your behalf. If you choose to hire our firm, you can count on us to go the extra mile and do what it takes to achieve your desired outcome.
Our firm is committed to taking the time to gather all of the necessary details and evidence involved in your accident and injuries, This is necessary for building a strong case which will hold up and be successful.
To learn more about how we can help, contact us now at (540) 825-6000 for a free consultation.
- Over 45 Years of Trusted Experience
- A Team of Six Dedicated Attorneys
- Practicing in Courts Across Virginia
- Results Driven Problem Solvers
- Meet Our TeamDedicated to fierce representation for the best possible outcome of your case.Our Attorneys
- Join Our TeamLooking to make a difference? Seeking to provide legal counsel and support?Apply Today
- Making a payment?Looking to make a payment? Look no further. We provide a simple system to make paying pain free.Pay Here